POSITION: Forest Biometrician
DIVISION: Forest Resources
LOCATION: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
This position will support the TWC forest management information system, maintain and support growth and yield systems, support collecting and managing forest inventory data, and perform harvest scheduling decision support tasks.
1. A degree in forestry or a related field from a SAF accredited forestry program. An additional graduate degree with an emphasis in forest biometrics or statistics preferred.
2. Three – four years of related work experience with a strong quantitative background in forest biometrics. Research-oriented graduate work may substitute for experience.
3. Experience with computer programming or coding; SAS and/or R statistical software packages preferred.
4. Experience with growth and yield analyses and demonstrated statistical modeling skills. Additional experience with harvest schedule modeling preferred.
5. Proficiency with GIS tools and techniques.
6. Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with others.
The qualifications of individuals applying for this position will be compared to the above criteria. Only those having qualifications that meet the selection criteria may be interviewed for the position.
Internal candidates wishing to be considered for this position should notify both their Human Resources representative and their supervisor and complete the Job Posting Application form available from Human Resources and submit it to Sandy Kornegay by 3/20/17.
External candidates should submit a complete resume to email@example.com, indicating in the subject line the position for which they are applying.
Back to Employment Opportunities